[hylafax-users] Copy of received faxes
Jason Valenzuela
2004-07-18 02:04:32 UTC
I am trying to find a way to copy a received fax's .tiff file into a
different directory. In this case it's a directory under a Samba share.
I tried placing a 'cp $FILE <destination dir>' in the bin/faxrcvd script
but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason Valenzuela

*To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail ***@ifax.com.*
Lee Howard
2004-07-18 02:14:40 UTC
Post by Jason Valenzuela
I am trying to find a way to copy a received fax's .tiff file into a
different directory. In this case it's a directory under a Samba share.
I tried placing a 'cp $FILE <destination dir>' in the bin/faxrcvd script
but to no avail. Any suggestions?
faxgetty chroots to the spool directory, so you're not going to be able
to access anything outside of the spool directory from faxrcvd without
breaking the chroot.

Lee.

*To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail ***@ifax.com.*
Evan Pierce
2004-07-18 12:31:29 UTC
Jason

I had exactly the same problem/requirements. I simply wrote a cron script
that copied any file in the incoming fax folder to a fax share and then
changed the permissions (so that everyone could read the file but not delete
it). I ran this at 15 minute intervals and it worked great. Didn't seem to
be any locking or other issues but this was a lower volume fax site - about
100 faxes in a day.

Hope this helps
Evan

Pedro Rocadas
2004-07-18 22:35:29 UTC
Nothing like changing file permissions to 644, then
create a symbolic link to the rcevq dir in the http
server folder and finaly, using a web with a href
pointing to that link. Simple and clean.
Jason Valenzuela
2004-07-19 16:29:28 UTC
Thanks for all the suggestions. It didn't occur to me that faxgetty
would run chroot'ed, but of course it makes perfect sense. I created a
soft link from the samba share into the recvq directory and all is fine.

Thanks again,

Giulio Orsero
2004-07-19 18:15:10 UTC
Post by Lee Howard
Post by Jason Valenzuela
I am trying to find a way to copy a received fax's .tiff file into a
different directory. In this case it's a directory under a Samba share.
I tried placing a 'cp $FILE <destination dir>' in the bin/faxrcvd script
but to no avail. Any suggestions?
faxgetty chroots to the spool directory, so you're not going to be able
to access anything outside of the spool directory from faxrcvd without
breaking the chroot.
I actually have in bin/faxrcvd
if [ -x bin/faxrcvd.custom ]; then
bin/faxrcvd.custom "$@" >$ERRORSTO 2>&1 &
fi

and in faxrcvd.custom
install -o user -g group -m mode $file "$dir/$date_dir/$file_dest"
where $dir is outside the spool dir.
I use install in place of cp+chown+chmod to save typing.

All is working, files get copied in that dir.
--
***@pobox.com